Saturday 23 August 2014

August Ipsy

This is my Ipsy from the month of August. This month I got a sneak peek email on my other email address saying that everyone would be getting an Urban Decay item which I was really excited about. Later on on their Facebook page if you shared a link you would be able to see your glam room early. When I saw it I was a little excited but now I'm not that sure. From looking around on Facebook I saw that most people had the same bag. 
The first item I got was the Urban Decay item. Mine is a mascara called Urban Decay Perversion Mascara in black. I have so many mini mascaras at this point, but this one seems like it would be amazing even though it's so tiny. The alternative would have been an eyeliner, which I would use but I got on a couple months ago that is still basically full so I'm glad I got this one. The thing with this mascara though is when you buy it from Sephora or from Urban Decay it comes with a Lash Primer. In stores it's $22.00 for 12 mL the sample is 3 mL which would be around $5.50.

The next item I got was Lord and Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil. I use black eyeliner everyday so it's cool to have another one, but like the mascaras I am getting a lot of them. This is about half a normal size which sells for $15.00 so it's worth about $7.50.
The third item I got is Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner. I put this on my hand hoping it would be similar to to Benefits Porefessional, but it just seemed to be shiny and transparent on my skin. This is a pretty expensive item, selling at Sephora for $55.00 for a full size of 1 oz. This sample is 0.25 oz so this is worth $13.75.
Next I got a blush sample from Coastal Scents called the Forever Blush Sample Duo. These are in the shades Fresh (the beige) and Elegant (the pink). I don't use a lot of blush so this probably won't be used, but being as tiny as they are it may be an item I can pack in a travel bag in case I want to use it when away. These sell for $7.95 each for 10 g, making this little sample worth $1.90.

The last item I got was Absolute New York Lip Balm in Grape. This is a very large sample and smells amazingg! This is sold in a multi-pack of 2 for $5.99 making this worth $3.00. 
The bag this month is a little different than bags you normally get, it's not flat and square it's smaller and round which I like. 

The total value of this bag was $31.65 which is one of the lowest value I've gotten, which I'm not surprised about because everything seems to tiny. I feel like I should be liking this bag since I would probably use every item, but I don't get these bags to get items that I already know I would use.. I get them to to try new types of products. Even though they are different brands of what I've already tried, black eyeliner is black eyeliner and mascara is in general pretty similar. Anyways, it's not a complete disappoint but not the best bag I've ever gotten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment