Saturday 25 April 2015

January Glossybox

The good thing about being behind on these posts is that I have had the chance to use a large amount of these items since getting them. January is my third Glossybox since coming back to Canada. This month the box was back to the regular glossy pink which I have so many of, but I don't mind I find them useful around the house. This is what I got in this box:

First impressions this is the type of box I prefer to get since it has a variety of items. This is the reason I was so excited when I saw Glossybox was coming back since I find I get bored of getting all makeup items all the time. 

The first item I got was a face toner from the company Kueshi. I was about to run out of my toner when I received this, which always seems to happen when I get these boxes. I have pretty sensitive skin and the toners that I tend to use I find are always pretty strong, which this one is not. This is a full sized item (6.76 fl oz) worth a total of $13.30. I have almost used the whole bottle by now since I was travelling and am loving it. It doesn't have any burning sensation when using it so it is more moisturizing then the typical drying toner, it smells nice and it works well taking off any makeup residue that happens to be left after everything else. I would purchase this again.

The next item I got is from the company Vichy which I see all over the place but have never purchased a product from. This is a 3-in-1 one step cleanser which is supposed to be a cleanser, toner and makeup remover in one. I have not gotten the chance to use this one yet, but I'm assuming I'm going to like it. This is a 1 fl oz sample which would be valued at $2.91 - a full size is 6.7 fl oz and $19.50.

The third item is another face item, a serum by the company Skin&Co Roma. This is a brightening serum, which is collagen-boosting and softening. This sample is 0.17 fl oz (a full size is 1 fl oz for $47.00), making the sample worth $7.99. I haven't used this item yet since I'm working on a few other serums that I have from other things, and they take a long time to use up. I am excited to use this though since it is a pretty large size. 

The next item is a black eye pencil from the company Lollipops. It is a retractable pencil with a smudger on the end. I have a ton of black eye liners but I use them daily so I'm okay with that. This is a full sized item worth $17.70.

The last item I got is a flat eye shadow brush from the company Teeez Trendy Cosmetics. I am starting to increase my brush collection from the elf once that I own so it's nice to get one. I got this the same time as an Elizabeth Mott one from Ipsy - and so far I'm liking that one better then this one. This is a full size worth $23.50. It's supposed to be natural hair and very soft, but I don't find it that soft. It's very cute though and usable so it'll get use.

The total value of this box was $65.40 USD, with exchange would be closer to $80.00 Canadian or higher since items tend to cost more here than they do in the US. I think the theme of this month was skin care since it is winter and the new year. Since it has been such a cold long winter which has dried my skin completely I liked this box. 








No comments:

Post a Comment