Sunday 26 April 2015

February Glossybox

The February glossybox has a Valentines Day theme, which comes with a themed box! It's very cute and I'm excited to use on the new Ikea shelves I got. I love the themed boxes, but the only problem with them is since I am in Canada I didn't get the box until well after Valentines day has passed. For most items that did not matter but the one would have been amazing to have for Valentines day.. but now I have it for next year. 

Before I talk about what I got in the box, I should explain Glossybox is a monthly beauty box subscription where you get 5 deluxe sized sampled but I find many of them are usually full size. There are four options for subscribing - month to month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year subscription. When I found they were coming back to Canada we got a coupon so I signed up for a 1 year subscription, which in product values paid for itself in about 3 months. If you are in the United States shipping is free, but in Canada the shipping is $5.00 a month which is typical for any of these boxes. If you want to sign up you can use my referral code: http://www.glossybox.com/referal?CI=MTMwNDg3

So this is what was in my Glossybox this month! Look how pretty that box is! The inside was a pretty hot pink with the glossy symbol in white which is different then the normal ones, even the paper is cute with the hearts which you'll see in my product photos. 

The first item that I got was a Julep nail polish in the colour Heartleigh. I saw that month a lot of people got multiples of these in their Julep boxes that month - which I did not get so I was jealous because I loved it, but now I have one! This polish has a lot of graffiti type bits in it that I love in these types of polishes, and adorable hearts. The value of this nail polish (being a full size) is $14.00.

The next item I got is a bio-cleansing conditioner by the company Unwash. I haven't used this yet, it is supposed to be a more natural way to wash your hair then typical shampoos and conditioners. I've been trying to grow my hair lately so this will be a good product to see if it'll help with that process, especially since it's such a large sample. This is a 2.5 fl oz sample which is worth $6.67 since a full size (13.5 oz) is $30.00. 

The next item is a lip butter from the company Royal Apothic. It came in a cute little pink box and the packaging of the gloss itself is different and cute. I prefer my lip products in a tube that I can throw in a little bag in my purse or in my makeup organizers, but this is a different type of container that would look nice left out of an organizer. This is a full sized item (0.12 oz) worth $14.00.

The next item is a mascara from the company Jelly Pong Pong. I have gotten a few lip products from this company but never anything else. I have quite a few mascara samples right now to get through before trying this one, but it sounds like it should be good and it's a full size worth $22.00.

The last item I got is another item from Rituals Cosmetics and it's a foaming shower gel.This is another full sized item (6.7 fl oz) worth $15.00. I have used this a few times, it comes out of the bottle as a gel and turns into a foam, and it smells good.

Overall I am happy with this Glossybox, I enjoyed the theme, the different packaging and the products. The total value of this one is $71.67 USD, which around the time I got it would have been closer to $90.00 CAD since the exchange was so low that month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment