Tuesday 13 May 2014

Maybelline Street Art Polish



Ever since it’s come out I’ve been OBSESSED with Sephora’s Formula X Xplosives line, but I could never pay so much for such a small amount of polish. The other day I was in my Shoppers with my sister and browsing the clearance section and came across Maybelline Color Show Street Art polishes on clearance for $3! The bottles only contain 7 ml, whereas the Formula X bottles contain 12 mL but for 1/5th the price you can’t go wrong. I wasn’t even aware that this line existed and was beyond excited to find these. There were three colours (red, green and blue) so obviously I grabbed all three. These polishes are called Wild at Heart (red), Green Graffiti (green) and Nighttime Noise (blue).

The day before I saw these in Shoppers I purchased Max from Julep since it was on sale for $5 but I haven’t received it yet, so we’ll see how it compares when it comes in. I swatched these on plain white paper and on a few difference shades of polish to see what it looks like and I love it!


 This is what they looked like swatched on Zealous by Revlon, Joanna, Susie and Jessica by Julep and Mesmerize by Revlon. The green looks good on the darker colours, blue on the lighter colours and red looks great on all colours. A while ago I tried Chaotic from Formula X which is closer to the colours Julep’s Max is going to be, but compared to these three they are very similar.

On the left is Green Graffiti and Wild at Heart on Mesmerize by Revlon. On the right is Chaotic with one of the green shades from Formula X. The Maybelline line seems to have smaller pieces in it, but I found it easier to get a more on my nail at a time without having to paint it on too thick. So far I am in love with these polishes and would highly recommend them. These sell for less than 6 dollars full price which is totally worth it due to the versatility of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment