Thursday 3 July 2014

Julep Red Marker Sale

June 13th was Julep's semi-annual red marker sale with "up to 85% off". When you RSVP'd on their Facebook Event you were supposed to be access 24 hours early, however the sale was up even before that. I saw the sale a couple hours after it was originally posted and there were already items out of stock, so I got whatever I could then rather than waiting for the morning. I ended up doing a 2nd order towards the end of the sale since they added one more polish that I wanted, I'm assuming it was to compensate for some of the sold out ones. So in total I spent a total of $24.00 and got 4 minis and 8 regular sized bottles.

The minis I got came in a package called Little Lights. I really wanted Paris and Ivy and these were in the package along with 2 other pretty colours. This set was originally $36.00, I got it for $8.00 and it's still on sale now for $9.99. The four colours in this set are Ivy, Paris and Colbie all from the It Girl collection and Jameson from the Classic with a Twist collection. 
The next four I got came in sets of two for $5.00 each set. Neither of these sets are available on the website anymore and all of the colours individually are either sold out or no longer on the site. The first set I got was called Party Dress and contained Christine from the Boho Glam collection and Evelyn from the Classic with a Twist collection. I got this one because I really liked Evelyn but was unsure about Christine, but seeing it swatched I'm happy with both colours. The second set was called To All a Good Night and contained Bunny from the It Girl collection and Alexis from the Boho Glam collection. I liked both colours in this set, both have some shimmer in them which I like a lot.
The last four I got were all individual polishes. The first three were $2.00 each, and these were Mackenzie from the It Girl collection, Emerson from the Classic with a Twist collection and Kimberly from the Boho Glam collection. On the Facebook event page they had a vote for which polish of a certain list you would like to see go on sale for $2.00 and Kimberley was the winner of this vote. It sold out sometime during the day the sale was supposed to actually start and they added Emerson to the sale, which is the polish that I had purchased separately. The 4th I got was actually a full price polish ($11.20) that I got for free using the discount code POLISHPERK. They have so many pretty nail polishes that it took me a while to go through everything to pick which one I was going to get with the code. I chose this one since it was in the Limited Edition Collections section of their website, and I am in love with glitters. This glitter has a stardust finish which I don't like much being textured and matte, but with a good topcoat it becomes smooth and shiny.  

Here are the swatches I got of all the colours, Bunny is a little hard to see since it's on white, but you can see the shimmer a little. I am very happy with this purchase, $24.00 for 12 bottles is an excellent savings and I like all the polishes that I got. There were a few more in the sale that I would have liked to get but they sold out very quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment