Tuesday 26 August 2014

Garnier Fructis Color Sheild

I was given a sample of some Garnier Fructis Color Sheild Blonde Refresher shampoo, conditioner and hair mask in a VoxBox from Influenster to try out. 

The last time I used a Fructis shampoo/conditioner was probably 10 years ago and it was one of the only bottles of shampoo I've ever bought that I could not finish because I did not like what it did to my hair. I have blonde hair which is very thin and light and Fructis tends to have formulas to make your hair shinier which only weighs my hair down and makes it greasy. Using the original Fructis in a green bottle all those years ago I always felt like as soon as my hair dried it looked like I hadn't washed my hair at all. This made me a little hesitant to use this shampoo on a day when I had somewhere to be. 

So the first day I used this shampoo I used the hair mask with it. The formula smells amazing and is purple which is great for blonde hair with blonde dye, my hair is naturally blonde but with blonde dye which a lot of people have issues not staying the colour they want it to but I'm typically lucky when it comes to that. I left the mask in my hair for a while, I didn't keep time but it was probably around 10 minutes (I like to leave these in for a while). Maybe I left it in too long or maybe it's the formula but it took a long time to wash it all out of my hair. 

This first day I let my hair dry naturally to see how it looked and it did not look greasy and unclean as I was expecting from my past experience. So I was pleased about this, also my hair was not dull as it is sometimes when I don't blow dry my hair. I don't typically wash my hair everyday, so the only disappointment I had was that the next morning my hair did get back to that greasy state that doesn't happen with some other shampoos, but this can be easily fixed using a dry shampoo before going to bed. 

I haven't had the package for too long, so I've only been able to use the shampoo and the regular conditioner twice. Using the regular conditioner it doesn't take as long to wash out but it is still a little more difficult compared to other ones that I have used before. This had the same effects on my hair as the day that I used the mask. Overall I am enjoying these products so far, they smell really good and work well for hair to be washed daily or with the use of a dry shampoo and keep my blonde hair from being dull. 
Below are some pictures of the individual products.


No comments:

Post a Comment