Wednesday 13 August 2014

Toronto Harbour Tours

Since I've been in Toronto a while and visited Toronto so often before, I have been running out of things to do that I haven't yet done. One thing I had been wanting to do for a while is a boat tour downtown Toronto, so I found one on Groupon that was inexpensive and seemed cool. This one was from Toronto Harbour Tours and cost $11.00 per person. it states that during June, July and August the cruises leave every half hour between 11 am and 5pm and every hour between 6 pm and 9 pm. Tickets are 24.95 if you purchase them at the location and 19.95 if you purchase them on the website. They have cheaper tickets for children and family passes as well. I had also read on the website that they stop halfway through at the Toronto Islands and your able to get off and get back on another one that passes by later on. I found a map of the route on the website.
We got to the location where you check in to take the tour around 4:10 pm, thinking we would be taking a 4:30 tour and stop at the island for an hour or two and grab another boat that passes by. When we get there we are told the tour is only going every hour, and that the one we would be on would be the last stop at the islands so we could get off if we wanted but we would only get half of the tour. I read quite a bit about the tour before going so I was a little sad we wouldn't be able to get off at the islands, we would have gone earlier if we had of known that. 

The tour itself was good though, the tour guide was knowledgeable and funny and gave us a lot of interesting information. The boat itself is fairly small, but it is covered with windows that open, it was pretty empty so it was good. The tour was only an hour so it felt a little short, but for the price I think it was well worth it and would be good with children especially if you go earlier and visit the island for a bit. There were some pretty views from the boat and you learn some things about Toronto's waterfront and the islands. I liked it, I think I would do another tour but make it a lunch or dinner one instead so it's a little longer.








No comments:

Post a Comment