Thursday 7 August 2014

The Grilled Cheese

A while back I started watching that show on the Food Network called "You Gotta Eat Here" when I knew I was going to be moving to Toronto. I am a pretty picky eater and tend not to like fancier foods, so when I saw the one for The Grilled Cheese in Kensington Market I was excited because the regular grilled cheese looked amazing. This is located at 66 Nassau St. which is a little south of College street and west of Spadina. 

They have a lot of different interesting types, but I am very plain. This is my second time going and it was equally amazing both times. Last time I got plain, this time my sister got plain and I added bacon. It is soo good, I can't even express how good these are. Grilled cheese was always one of my favourite things to get in restaurants when I was younger, but I was always that annoying kid who would ask what kind of cheese they used because there's nothing I hate more than a grilled cheese with a gross rubbery cheese slice. These are made to order and always take a bit to make since they are made fresh with a press, and are cooked a little slowly in order to melt the amazing amount of cheese that they put on these. 

You can watch the episode here: You Gotta Eat Here and see some of the other types of sandwiches they make. Also, there is a bar across the road that you can sit in and have a beer, and they will deliver to you. 
If you are downtown Toronto and looking for something to do, you can stroll around Kensington Market, do a little shopping and stop in here for lunch. There are a lot of cool little shops around this area making it an interesting place to spend half a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment