Monday 25 May 2015

March Ipsy + Extras

March's theme for Ipsy was Floral Fantasy. This was on of the better bags I've gotten in a while although I haven't tried any of the products yet. The bag is cute and the products are all decent sized. 

 The first item I got was a day cream from the company Acure. It has Gotu Kola stem cells which is interesting and is for normal to dry skin which is my skin lately so it should be good to try. It's a decent size too and smells pretty good. A 1.75 oz bottle is $16.99 making this sample worth $9.70.
 The next item I got was a NYX butter lipstick in the colour Junk which I knew we were getting. People who wear lipsticks love these but I tend not to use lip products so it probably won't get much use. It looks really dark in the tube but when swatched it's too not bad. This is worth $6.00.
 The next item is a mineral eyeshadow duo from Pixi by Petra. This is called Apricot Glow, which comes in a 6 pack when purchasing it, so this sample is worth $7.67. When getting an eyeshadow sample I prefer to get colours like this because I will use them, and being a small package it's good for putting in your purse for touchups. 
 Next I got two packages of hydro cool firming eye gels from the company skyn iceland. These are to revive your under eyes from puffiness and dark circles. I'm pretty excited to try these, under my eyes are pretty dark since I'm very pale making it difficult to fine an under eye concealer light enough to help that. These come in a 8 pack for $30.00 making this worth $7.50. 
 Last I got a ivory lace highlighter from the company Chella. I like highlighters but I'm unsure if this will be light enough for my skin tone but I'll try it. This is worth $18.00. 
 Since I knew I'd be cancelling Ipsy soon and I had a decent amount of points I also ordered two extras for 500 points each that I'm really happy with. I got a mini Urban Decay Perversion mascara. I have a full size of this and love it and have a few minis which I like to use for under eye and for build up so I got another. The other item I got is a fine liner brush from real techniques which I love since it's so tiny and perfect for lining under my lower lashes. 

 Minus the add-ons the total of this bag was worth $48.87 which is good, but not impressive compared to other things I have received. The bag was cute and I'll end up using most of the products.







No comments:

Post a Comment