Wednesday 12 November 2014

David Duncan House

Recently my boyfriend and I thought we should go on a nice date night since we usually lean towards the more affordable date nights. He got a suggestion from a friend at work to go to the David Duncan House since it's nearby. It is located just off of Don Mills North of York Mills at 125 Moatfield Drive. I had noticed this building a few times while on the bus and always wondered what it was, I had no idea it was a restaurant. 
We had to make reservations and had them for 8:30 pm since we eat pretty late. Since we were there later it was fairly empty, there were only 5 other couples which didn't seem like many since the place is so large. 
When we went in they had a coat check and took us to the upper floor to eat since it has a nicer view. The decor inside is gorgeous, every detail fits with the theme of the house including the chairs which were very comfy. 
When I saw the drink menu I was excited because they had a strawberry pina colada, which is probably weird to order at a classy restaurant but I couldn't resist and they were amazing.
For food I order the filet mignon and boyfriend ordered the NY steak with lobster tail. Both came with mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots. I'm very picky when it comes to how my mashed potatoes are and these ones were really good. The meal also comes with garlic bread as an appetizer and a plate with pickles, olives and cheese. I was too excited for the food so I didn't take any pictures of it, it was the best steak I have ever had and totally worth the price. 

The history of the building is very interesting and is on their website so if your interested check it out! This would be a great place to go for a birthday, anniversary, graduation dinner, or just a date night. The only problem is that since I've gone I want to go back all the time! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment