Monday 17 November 2014

November Ipsy

The theme of this months Ipsy was Girl Meets Glitter. I was pretty excited because I'm loving glitter nail polish and glitter eye liner lately. When I got the early look at my glam room I don't think I was excited as I was hoping I would be.
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that costs $10.00 a month, but being in Canada I have to pay for shipping which is another 4.95 USD so you'll pay the difference of exchange rate. If you want to subscribe you can do so here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/3kg1

This is what I got in this months bag, I'm still unsure how I feel about it. I like most of the products, but looking at what else was available I think I would have preferred some of the other items. The bag this month is really cute though!

The first item I got was a lip paint by J Cat in the colour red potion. This is one item that I would not use, and I'm confused why I keep getting lip colours when I looked back on my survey lip stick is basically the only thing I don't have checked off. This is however a full sized item worth $4.99
The next item I got was a Elizabeth Mott you're so fine eyeliner in the colour Glitterati. This is the item I was most excited about in the bag since I use black eyeliner daily and have been adding a 2nd coat of a glitter over it every now and then lately. This isn't as powerful of a glitter as when I do that, but it's a nice subtle glitter within the black eyeliner. This item is full sized I believe and retails for $17.99.
The third item was a hairspray by Marc Anthony with oil of morocco argan oil. I always love hair products by March Anthony and usually have a problem with hairsprays because they smell bad, but this smells really good. This item is not a full sized, it is worth about $1.38.
The next item I got was an eye base from be a bombshell in the colour submissive. It is fairly dark but feels really nice and I think will work well. I haven't tried it yet but I think I might get some good use out of it. This item is worth $14.00.
The last item I got is a highlighter by temptu. It is a tiny tiny sample worth about $2.75. I'm pretty pale so I usually don't use highlighters and those types of products but this is a very light colour so I might try it out. 
The bag this month is really cute and I think I will be able to use it when I go out or for organizing purposes in my purse. It was made with Forever 21 for Ipsy this month.


 The total for this bag was 41.11 which is pretty good. Overall I'm okay with this bag, I'll use a few of the things I got so it's good. I think since I've gotten so many at this point that they just seem less exciting unless there is something amazing in them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment