Monday 10 November 2014

Julep Trick or Treat Mystery Box

I wasn't going to order this one since everyone seems to dislike the mystery boxes lately. Since the price went from 19.99 to 24.99 I stopped buying these, but when I can get a coupon I tend to buy them. I was able to use a coupon for $5.00 off so I added the middle sized mystery add-on. I didn't want the small one since it's usually one polish and I got the large one last time which included a makeup item, so I was hoping for 3 nail polishes extra which seems to be what the middle one is most of the time. This is what I got in my box:
I read a lot of complaints about this box like normal, but I'm happy with mine. I got quite a few polishes and I would use them all for something, and a few products.

The box which cost 24.99 contained 4 polishes and 3 products.
The first product I got was the Vanish Cuticle Softener and Remover, which I got in the last box. I was pretty excited actually because I saw this on sale on the website before and was going to buy more because I love it, so now I have two! This costs $18.00 or $14.40 for mavens.
The next product I got was Mint Condition Pedi Cream. Being winter this type of product is amazing since my feet get really dry and I like to pack on lotion before bed. I've already used this a couple times and I love it. This is $20.00 on the website or $16.00 for mavens.
The last product I got was Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum. This is supposed to be used twice a day to help dry and brittle nails, which is so helpful for me since I have very thin nails and again being winter dryness is a factor. This is $28.00 online or $22.40 for mavens.
I got four polishes in the box which were:
Lacey from the Bombshell collection. It s a midnight blue with a purple shimmer and has been on my wish list for a while so I was happy to see this one.
Beatrix from the Bombshell collection. It is coal black with multidimensional glitter. This is the one that I saw in the spoilers that made me buy the box since I'm loving glitters lately. 
Veronica from the Classic with a Twist collection. It is a modern mauve creme and veryy pretty.
Chloe from the It Girl collection. This is a warm cocoa frost, which is a great fall/winter colour for me.
All of the polishes are $14.00 on the website or $11.20 for mavens, except Veronica which is on sale for $4.99.
This makes the value of the actual box $122 or $91.39 with discounts.
The add on was three polishes like I hoped and were:
Payton from the Bombshell collection. It is a green cream polish, I already have this one but have used a lot for nail art. 
Millie from the BoHo Glam collection. It is a vintage indigo cream. 
Roc Solid from the It Girl collection. It is a vintage military cream.
All of these polishes are $14.00 online or $11.20 for mavens. This makes the add on worth $42.00 or $33.60 with discounts.

I am really happy with this box for $30.00 I got a total of $164 of items or $124.99 with discounts. I will use everything I got. 









No comments:

Post a Comment