Thursday 29 January 2015

January Ipsy

This months theme for ipsy was Fresh Start. The only item I knew about this months bag was the eye shadow which I wasn't overly exicted for but it ended up being a decent bag.
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that costs $10.00 a month, but being in Canada I have to pay for shipping which is another 4.95 USD so you'll pay the difference of exchange rate. If you want to subscribe you can do so here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/3kg1
This is what was in this months bag. 
The first item I got was the Pacifica eyeshadow that I already knew about in the colour ethereal which is a nice brown colour that is something I use on a daily basis but I don't find these shadows work well for me. They aren't sold individual they are sold in 4s for $14.00 making is $3.50 per shadow.
The next item I got was a nail polish by the company Probelle. I was excited to get a nail polish since I promised not to buy any polishes for the year of 2015 since I have soo many already. This is in a pretty blue called into the blue and worth $6.00.
The next item was an eyeshadow brush by Elizabeth Mott. It is really pretty pink and I've used it and actually love it. It is worth $9.99.
The next item is a mechanical eye pencil in the colour storm which is a slate gray by the company Hikari. This is worth $13.00. It is a nice colour but doesn't have a lot of pay off, I'm sure I can make use of it though since I am in love with eyeliner lately. 

The last item I got is a lip balm by the company malin + goetz. This is worth $12.00. This is the type of product I expect in a January box being winter and it's perfect for dry lips in the winter and it smells really good. 
The overall value of this box was $44.49 which is good since I paid around 17 after shipping and exchange rate. I'm not sure if it's because I got Glossybox again or what but I've been less impressed with these bags lately. I do love the shadow brush, the lip balm and the polish but the other two just aren't that impressive. Three items out of five though is pretty good so I'm happy with it, and the bag this month was cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment