Sunday 4 January 2015

December Ipsy

The theme of this months Ipsy was Thinking of You. The sneak peak I saw for this months was that every subscriber would be receiving a Tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4 in 1 mascara and a NYX Butter Lip Balm. Both of these are awesome products so even if the rest of the items weren't anything I wanted I knew this would be a good month.

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that costs $10.00 a month, but being in Canada I have to pay for shipping which is another 4.95 USD so you'll pay the difference of exchange rate. If you want to subscribe you can do so here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/3kg1


The first item I got was the NYX Butter Lip Balm in Marshmallow. This is one of the items I already knew I was getting and of all the colours that there were I'm glad I got this one since it's a pure nude and I tend to avoid coloured lip products. This is a full size item valued at $4.00.
The next item is the Tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes mascara. This is the other item I knew about and is a mini sized which is sold at sephora for $12.00. I've heard a lot of good things about this product so I'm very excited to try it, but have a lot of other mascaras to use before I open this one. 

 The next item is a mineral eye polish by the brand Cailyn in the shade Orchid. This is a full sized item worth $15.00 and is in a nice colour that I could use daily. I don't normally use mineral polish because it's so much more difficult but this comes with a little brush in the package that allows me to use it without any mess very easily and I love the effect it has. 
The next item I got is a product from sexy hair called 450 blow out which is a heat defense blow out spray. I've been avoiding blow drying my hair since I'm trying to grow it but this will be useful the times that I do. This is a 50 mL sample worth approximately $7.58 since a full size is $18.95. 
The last item I got is a facial cleanser from the company Beauty Without Cruelty which is a vegan soap free cleanser. I'm starting to get overwhelmed with the amount of cleansers I'm getting but this is a good sized sample and sounds like a good product so I will use it. The value is approximately $2.81 for 2 fl oz.
The bag that this one came in is really cute also, it's a different shape then the normal flat ones and I think it'll be more useful to use. 
The total value of this bag was $41.39 which is the normal value for these bags I've been getting and is a good enough value for me to continue to subscribe. I will use all these items including the bag so I'm very happy with this months.

No comments:

Post a Comment