Saturday 7 June 2014

Julep Glitter Polish

A while ago I saw on the OPI facebook page the Glitter Off peelable base coat and went to the mall right away to try to find it, and no one had it! I was in Trade Secrets and they finally had it :) it was 9.95 which is a normal price. I was so excited I decided I'd use a few of the Julep glitter polishes that I haven't really used yet. 
I have seen on Pinterest that if you use regular white glue as a base coat you can peel off your polish when your done but I never tried this it seemed like too much work. The base coat as you can see above is a white colour, it goes on white and dries clear. When I first opened it I noticed right away it smells like white glue! The texture is good though and the brush is a shorter brush than normal but works really well. 

I have been using a lot of dark polishes lately so my nails were a little stained which I didn't want to show under the glitter so I used Julep's Lynn as a natural coloured base before the glitter. I have very pale skin so it looks like I really don't have any polish on. 

For a while I purchased a few Julep Mystery Boxes so I have all these polishes that I haven't tried yet, so when looking for a glitter to use I decided to use 5 just to see how they are. 

The 5 that I used are Tracy, Jane, a mystery glitter (some people said it was called Erica), Chelsea and Aviva. 
Tracy is from the It Girl collection and has a sea salt finish and is a blue glitter. The glitter is very fine and very full coverage, I only needed one coat and it's super sparkly. Jane is from the Bombshell collection and is a rose gold glitter with different sizes of glitter. It's really pretty but hard to see on my nail since my skin is so pale. The mystery glitter came from the New Years Mystery Box in 2012 and is filled with a black glitter and some copper and gold in it. This one also has a full coverage, but I did two coats anyways just to get some more sparkle. Chelsea is from the Bombshell collection and came in the first box I got from Julep. It is a very pretty purple glitter with some silver and other shades of purple in it. Aviva is from the Boho Glam collection which I got from the Naughty and Nice Mystery Box, this was one of the colours that was guaranteed in the box and the reason I got it. It's a purple polish with purple and silver glitter. I was disappointed with this one, the texture is very thick and does not look as nice as it did in the pictures they showed. 

In a few days I will get to peel the polishes off and see how the base coat works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment