Sunday 29 June 2014

Sephora Formula X The Twenty-Two

I wrote in a previous post about how Sephora had a new nail polish line called Formula X and I was in love with it, but it was a little expensive for me. Well today I was browsing online like normal, found my way on the Sephora website and saw a set of these nail polishes on sale for half price called The Twenty Two. This set has 22 smaller bottles of their nail polish and was $66.00 but was on sale for $33.00. Good thing I live close to a Sephora, I called them and asked if it was an online only sale and they said nope and they had one in stock and they'd hold it for me.

So this is the packaging, 11 in the front and 11 in the back. When I opened it I noticed a small bit of glass in the box, and found that the bottoms of a couple were cracked, but the bottom has a large section before it gets to where the polish actually is so it didn't affect it at all.

The fronts of the bottles have the Formula X logo and say what category they are in. This set comes with polish from four different categories: Toppers, Effects, Neon and Colour.

The first category is the one that I am in love with, Toppers that come from the Xploxive Top Coats section. There are four of these in the package, Wham!, Bionic, Turbulent and Meteoric. These are great to put on top of any polish and gives you so many possibilities for combinations. 
The next category is Effects, these four polishes come from the Chromes collection. These four are: Vroom, Need for Speed, Racy and Rocket Fuel. The chromes are very shiny and the colours are more neutral looking. They apply well and only need one coat for a nice finish.
The next category is Neons which come from the Electrics collection. There are only three of these ones and they are: Zap, Radioactive and Haphazard. I am in love with bright nail polishes and wish there were more than three of these, there are some really pretty ones on the website and many of them are currently out of stock. I would have preferred a pink or blue rather than the yellow since I have such a pale skin tone. 
The last category is colours, there are 11 polishes from this category. The colours are broken into two collections, the New Neutrals and the New Classics. In the New Neutrals there are: Thrilling, Extraordinary, Brazen, Infatuated and Unmistakable. In the New Classics there are: White Matter, Eureka, Flashy, Indelible, Omni and Dark Matter. 
These set would be perfect for anyone just starting to use nail polish, it is a full enough set to be able to try many different combinations and designs. I think it may be on sale because they are coming out with new colours in the collections, but I am not sure. They also had the PODS on sale for half price which are the one time use bottles but I am obsessive with touch ups so I could never use something like that, but they'd be great for travelling. I have already used these to do a manicure which I'll write about later since this post is already pretty long. I am very excited to try all of these out! 





No comments:

Post a Comment