Friday 27 June 2014

Monumentour

Back in January I got an email from Groupon about tickets for Monumentour at the Molson Amphitheatre, lawn seats for $20.00. These tickets were for the lawn section which I have never sat in before, but since I missed seeing Fall Out Boy in Toronto last year when they had their tour I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them for $20.00 in the summer time sitting in the grass. 

Monumentour is a tour with Fall Out Boy and Paramore which is completely in the United States except for the one show in Toronto June 25th. I have been excited for this concert ever since I purchased the tickets, and awaited it to be summer to go to this. Finally it's the week of the concert and it had been raining alll week. Since it had already rained for a few days I was hoping that it would not be raining for the concert, day of it was a little cloudy all day but looked promising. I made my way downtown Toronto by subway and went to take the bus to the Amphitheatre and it started to rain a little. There is a lot of construction downtown, so what would have normally been a streetcar to Exhibition was a bus, and had the longest line for any bus I have ever seen so we decided to flag down a taxi to take us the rest of the way since it was nearing the beginning of the concert. As I sat in the taxi, it started to POUR rain. So we get there, go in the grounds and walk towards where our tickets are for (about half of the Amphitheatre is not covered, including the lawn section) and decide not to stand there in the lawn for the opening band since I basically went for Fall Out Boy which was playing last. We found this small covered area that looked like it used to be a little outdoor bar section where a lot of parents seemed to be sitting while their children were in the concert section. We sat there for about an hour and the rain got harder and harder. 

We decided to go to guest services and see if there were any upgrade options to get within the closed sections so I could actually see what I came for. We were told there is no upgrade option, but you can purchase a whole new ticket and be in the section. These tickets were 60 dollars each and we had the option of being on the floor or the two front sections on the left or the right. So we got two of these tickets, grabbed some food and drinks and went to our new seats. I did not realize the seats we were given were the front row, all the way to one side. At this points we had missed the opening band completely, and more than half of Paramores performance. From what I did see of Paramore they were really good, one song she picked someone from the audience to come up and sing the end of the song which was cool. After they finished they covered the stage and started changing it up for Fall Out Boy.

Fall Out Boy started and it was a great entrance! There were fireworks and fire and smoke it was loud and awesome. They had a good mixture of old and new music and put on an amazing show. 
It was a a great show, I am very sad that it rained I wouldn't have minded sitting in the grass area and watching even though it's fairly far back. I'm also surprised there was no option of upgrading the ticket, so basically I could have just went that day and got a ticket at the box office and not have spent that $40.00. It was a good day though, and look how pretty the CN Tower was that night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment