Tuesday 17 June 2014

OPIs Glitter Off Base Coat

Just over a week ago I purchased a base coat by OPI called Glitter Off. This is a peelable base coat that they made to be used with glitter nail polishes. I wrote about the application of the base coat in this blog post: http://amandarocks13x.blogspot.ca/2014/06/julep-glitter-polish.html


This is the result of taking off the nail polish that I put on the first time I used this base coat. It lasted a few days and there were no chips and was still looking nice. The polish on one of my fingers got caught on something for a second while I was out and the whole piece of nail polish came off. When this happened I came home and peeled the rest of them off. Most of them peeled off very easily and in full pieces, but the polish I had on my thumbs was only one coat of polish and less of a glitter more of metallic finish were a little more difficult to get off. All of the polish came off without harming my nails, which is great because I normally get bored of my polish and start peeling it anyways and it normally damages my nails. 

I have used the base coat a few other times since this, and have some mixed feelings on it. One day I did my nails then I did a few dishes from dinner a couple hours later. The nail polish I was wearing basically fell off while doing the dishes. It seems the thicker the polish you put on over this coat, the easier it comes off. Each time I've used this base coat I have used Seche Vite fast dry top coat, and always make sure to seal the polish in by putting in on the tips of my nails which seems to help. 

Overall I really like this base coat, since it makes something I already do so much easier and better for my nails. I just make sure I do the dishes before doing my nails, and try to keep the polish as thin as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment